How to Create a New Template?
- Updated on 25 Jun 2020
- 1 minute to read
RevvSales provides a set of public templates that you can use within RevvSales to create documents. It includes a set of business document templates catering to different industries. You can use any of these templates, and create documents that suit your business needs.
RevvSales lets you clone an existing template, make edits to include your own logo, images, captions, etc. And, if you want to create your own templates, use the Make your own template option to create a template the way you want. Use RevvSales' template building blocks to design the template.
To create your own template using RevvSales:
Click Templates from the left navigation bar.
On the Templates page, click Create template.
On the Create new template window, select an existing template if you want to clone an existing template, or click Create your own template to create an entirely new template. You can even upload an outside template to RevvSales. Click Make your own template and browse to upload a document.
On the template builder page, drag and drop the building blocks that you want to use on to the template editor. Drag and drop Text, Table, Quote Table, Image, Page Break, or Empty Space on to the editor as required. Make changes as you want to the template.
Use the Document styling section to include or exclude a cover page for the document.
Enter a suitable name for your template.
- Click Publish Template
- Now, you can decide whether you want to publish the template as editable or form template. Editable templates are simple templates which you can edit. Form templates help you automate the filling up of certain fields and support complex workflows.
Now, you can decide whether you want to publish the template as editable or form template. Editable templates are simple templates which you can edit. Form templates help you automate the filling up of certain fields and support complex workflows.
🎊Voilà! Your template is created in a jiffy and ready for use
Working with Editor Mode Templates
RevvSales supports document components such as Text, Table, and Image in the Editor Mode Template. You can add text, images, and tables to your document.
- The entire template is broken into different blocks (we call it components).
- You can drag and drop components to the template. For example, if you want to add a text block to the template, just drag and drop it in your template, and start entering your information. Similarly, you can add tables and images.
- In the outline pane, the heading of each and every component is visible.
- The component heading can be renamed by clicking on the edit button in the outline pane.
- You can also delete any component in the document, just hover over the component and click on the delete icon.
- Image, texts, and tables can be inserted anywhere in the document by drag and drop.
- If you want to re-arrange the components within the document, just drag and drop the component wherever you require it in the document.
- You can also move the existing components of the document in the outline pane.
Note: If you made some changes to the templates, the changes will not be reflecting in the documents already created using that template. You need to create a new document with the template to have the updates.